At the end of the 1960's, Seiko released a swanky new Chronograph called the Speedtimer. These came in several colors with minor variations added along the way. One of the earlier and more rare examples had a unique bracelet that came only on JDM models (Japan domestic market) of which all had "Sports 5" plus "Speedtimer" on the dials. They were used on 6139-6000, 6139-6030, 6139-6031, and 6139-6032 models.
What I am offering here is my own take on the classic (and rare) Speedtimer bracelet. While I always thought the look was unique, I was never a fan of the end-links. So, I came out with my own. I present to you an homage to the classic JDM bracelet with an Uncle Seiko twist.
One bracelet, one pair of end-links, one pair of 1.8 mm spring bars
- Lug width to buckle: 19mm (widest 22mm) to 16mm
- Length: 180mm
- Min length after adjusted: 120mm
- Buckle style: Pressure clasp
- Thickness: 3.2mm
- Net Weight: 50 grams
- Finish: Brushed metal
- Spring bar diameter: 1.8mm
- Lug end style: Standard hollow curved end
- Adjustment type: 6 removable links-- pin type adjustment
- Material: 316L Stainless Steel, all solid links, standard (hollow) end links
- Designed to fit: 6139-600x and 6139-603x